|Title:||Director of Nursing|
The D.O.N. plans, organizes, develops, directs and evaluates the nursing service operation ensuring the highest degree of quality patient care, along with ensuring that all applicable Federal, State and local standards are adhered to. Other responsibilities may include:
- Assessing residents needs
- Managing all nursing staff within our skilled unit
- Interviewing, selecting, and hiring superb nursing associates
- Providing high quality care to residents by developing, training, and mentoring current team members
- Implementing policies and procedures for care of residents
- Assessing, directing, and supervising residents' care needs
- Cooperating with administration to assure efficient, cost effective operation of facility
- Interacting and communicating with family members and vendors in a professional manner
- Preparing associates and unit for inspections
Minimum of Registered Nursing license, Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Knowledge of Federal and State regulations. Ability to supervise and coordinate nursing staff - 3 years of long term care management experience required. Candidate must also be polished and professional and demonstrate the ability to be a team player. Candidate must have strong computer skills and a professional demeanor.
Longhorn Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin or veteran status.