Assistant Dining Services Manager
|Title:||Assistant Dining Services Manager|
DescriptionLonghorn Village, a retirement resort located in Steiner Ranch, is seeking an energetic and polished professional to serve our residents in independent living. If you thrive on providing outstanding customer service and superior care within a fine dining atmosphere, we want to speak with you!
Under the supervision of the Dining Room Manager, the Assistant Manager is to support the supervision of the day to day functions of the dining venues at the commons, lounge, and all food related events; schedule staff; maintain neat and orderly facilities; ensure staff are sufficiently trained in their position; keep accurate books and follow accounting procedures; strive to maintain a high staff moral; and most importantly, handle customer complaints and criticisms in a positive, solution oriented manner.
Assists Dining Room Manager with the following:
- Ensures that dining rooms and events begin on scheduled time.
- Ensures that all residents and guests are always greeted professionally and courteously.
- Is present in the dining room during hours of operation.
- Fills in as a host, server, expediter, or any other dining related position when needed.
- Schedules staff. Ensures staffing levels are sufficient for dining room and all events.
- Keeps a daily log book of activities such as attendance, service situations, meal count, etc.
- Evaluates all Servers, Hosts and Bartenders.
- Ensures that proper standards of attire for staff are upheld.
- Implements in-service training for all front house staff.
- Responsible for upkeep of linens, skirts and banquet supplies.
- Responsible for liquor orders and liquor inventory.
- Ensures proper opening and closing procedures are followed.
- Promotes and supports decisions of the Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
- Assists the Executive Chef/Sous Chef with regards to all responsibilities of special functions.
If you are interested in beginning a rewarding career within a hospitality-based dining services operation, you will want to join our team! We offer a great benefit package (including generous PTO accrual) and no exchange of cash within community.
Longhorn Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity within the workplace.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications